What is causing your lower back pain?
When you have non-specific lower back pain, it is always worth taking a look at the usual suspects. As chiropractors we pay attention to a frequent occurrence that results from everyday activities: subluxation. Whether from acute trauma or culmination of repetitive trauma, the spine can move out of alignment and put pressure on one or more of the 124 nerve roots which exit the spine. Because these nerve roots connect your entire body to the central nervous system, a problem with their smooth function tends to create problems including pain and dysfunction.
Other common agents of back pain include:
- Nerve roots that exit in the lower back and innervate the legs may be irritated by subluxation
- Nerve roots innervating the lower back may be irritated by subluxation
- Bones, ligaments may be damaged
- Intervertebral disc may be damaged or degenerating
- Muscles may be strained including the erector spinae muscles
Doing something about back pain in Westwood
At our office, we are specialists in maintaining the proper alignment of the spine; by detecting and correcting subluxation, we ensure the smooth functioning of the nervous system, reduce pain and boost range of motion. A further benefit of chiropractic treatment is an uptick in circulation which oxygenates every cell in your body. If you have been battling indiscriminate low back pain of any degree, give our office in Westwood a call to see what we can do about it.