Chiropractic Applications in Sports Care
Athletes rely on biomechanical efficiency
The first role of the chiropractor in an athletic setting is to provide expertise regarding biomechanical function. How do the moving parts of your body synergize to support your every sporting movement? Sporting success is often determined by the smallest of margins; finishing either side of your personal best comes down to whether your body is optimized for range of motion and reaction times. Misalignments in the spine reduce nervous system efficiency, which directly translates to slower reaction times. And how can you reasonably expect to perform with limited range of motion?
Chiropractic’s role in helping athletes
Chiropractic’s role in athletic performance is well-studied and the field is continuing to grow, especially as medical doctors often do not focus on biomechanical and neuromuscular function. At OFW Chiropractic, we have been helping athletes prevent injury and push for personal bests using the following techniques:
- Adjustments to ensure unrestricted range of motion in the spinal joints
- Soft tissue work to resolve tension and help muscles recover more effectively
- Adjustments to prevent imbalance in development of the musculature
- Hands-on muscle work to reduce recovery time between exercise by boosting blood flow
- Optimize the nervous system to improve function and prevent injury
Injury prevention and treatment for athletes in Westwood
Minor athletic injuries are most often biomechanical in nature. We provide athletes with a full physical assessment that helps provide us with accurate portrait of what is causing your pain or dysfunction. From here we set goal-oriented treatment plans that help you return to your sport in a quick and healthy manner.
Leave a Comment